This course provides an introduction to the knowledge of the origins, structure, characteristics, properties and uses of fabricated materials such as metal to construct and critically evaluate a range of products. It includes production design processes and occupational health and safety considerations in the demonstration of practical and theoretical knowledge and skills that are necessary to teach Industrial Technology and Design in the middle years of schooling (7-10).
Knowledge of this and other fabricated materials and their use in production processes will be gained through working with industrial machinery, digital and hand tool technologies. Students will design, develop, adapt and evaluate projects utilising critical aspects of knowledge about and develop the hands-on skills of working with metal and other fabricated materials. This course also includes the following demonstrations:
- Theory of metalwork in context of school-based learning
- Completion of typical projects made by students years 7 to 10 with demonstrations of appropriate teaching and assessment techniques
- Practical classroom management strategies
- Hand skills and use of hand tools
- Reading plans, writing work procedures
- Workshop planning and maintenance
- Workplace Health and Safety
You will receive important teaching, classroom management and administration tips from practising teachers and you will also receive a copy of some useable resources.
- Practical course work (prior to and including during the residential school)
- Practical Test
- Design Assessment
Please note, teachers undertaking this course as PD wishing to gain a statement of attainment must complete the associated assessment tasks and attend the residential school. However, teachers undertaking this course as PD wishing to gain a statement of attendance only need attend the residential school.
Duration: 150 hours
Intakes: Limited to 4 students
Enrollments open again in June 2017
Delivery Method: Online with residential
Relevant For: All teachers interested in Metal Technology
Course Enquiries: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org