Computer Enhanced Learning: using online interactive apps to improve student engagement and learning
Applications include: Socrative, Quizlet, Kahoot, Cram, GoSoapBox
Requirements: 2 devices: Smart device and laptop [for beta testing your own work]
User account created for the above applications prior to the workshop
Cameron is highly skilled and experienced teacher in the use of smart technology in the classroom. In his role as Coordinator of Digital Technology: Learning and Teaching at The Cathedral College, Rockhampton, he privileges the learning theories of Prof John Hattie [University of Melbourne] and Dr Robert Marzano [Dimensions of Learning and Art and Science of Teaching] in both planning and practice. Deliberate and fluent use of high yield learning and teaching strategies has improved student engagement, learning, results and satisfaction in his junior school Mathematics and Science classes, Senior Biology and 2nd Year Education subjects at CQUniversity [casual lecturer]. His tireless work to embed ICT in the classroom and upskill colleagues earned him a nomination in 2016 for the Queensland College of Teachers ‘Excellence in Teaching’ Award.
- Develop tools in innovative blended learning approaches to motivate and engage students
- Acquire new techniques for use in the classroom to increase digital literacy and use of technology in learning
- Learn how to capture data and formative feedback [learning analytics] for monitoring at-risk students
Date: Saturday 2nd December 2017
Hosted by The CREATE Lab at CQUniversity, which fosters collaborative research and engagement around technology and education. Lunch and refreshments will be provided on the day. This professional development for teachers is funded by the Google CS4HS program.
- How to use mixed reality technology such as Microsoft HoloLens and Oculus Rift in the classroom
- How to use robotics such as Nao Robots and Sphero Robots in the classroom
- How to put pedagogy before technology and select the right technology for your pedagogical problems
Date: Wednesday 1st November 2017 (Registrations Full)
Duration: 6 hours 10 am to 4 pm
CPD Hours: 6
Intakes: Registration is now at capacity!
Unfortunately, we ran out of available spots for this event due to popularity!
Delivery Method: On Campus at CQUniversity Brisbane
Relevant For: All teachers and educators
Course Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to receive notifications for similar events in the future, please complete the form with your contact details here.
The CREATE Lab at CQUniversity