This is a short course on the principles of safe manual handling in the acute clinical setting and applies to the community setting for all health care workers. Attached to this course is a two hour workshop that must be attended in order to gain the 3 CPD hours. A certificate of completion will be awarded upon completion of the practical workshop.
- Outline the Legislative requirements of work, health and safety
- Understand the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees
- Recognise manual handling hazards and risks in the workplace
- Identify strategies to manage hazards and risks in the workplace
- Plan safe manual handling tasks
- Apply knowledge in a 2 hour practical manual handling workshop
Cost: $75 (including 2 hour practical Manual Handling Workshop)
Duration: 1 hour online
2 hour workshop at Building 18, 1200 to 1400 on the 23rd June, 2017.
CPD Hours: 3
Intakes: Limited cohorts
Delivery Method: Online and Workshop attendance
Relevant For: All community members
Course Enquiries: email@example.com